Students Offering Support (SOS) is a National Charity that develops and supports Chapters in universities across North America. The SOS model, Raising Marks, Raising Money, Raising Roofs, provides a service within which people place genuine value, and is unlike any other organization. Students Offering Support is a unique social enterprise that relies on the passionate student leaders to create positive impact both at home and abroad. Regardless of position, all Students Offering Support volunteers must thoroughly understand, communicate, and embody SOS’ 360 degree model of volunteering.
Vice President, Marketing
As the VP of Marketing, you are responsible for implementing various creative marketing initiatives to increase awareness about the SOS model, Educational Development, and Outreach Trips. You are responsible to maintain equal promotion of all SOS pillars throughout the year. Your role is largely based on differentiating SOS from any competitor, reaching target audiences, and growing brand awareness on campus.
- Develop integrated marketing campaigns, using various media, and creative, non-traditional, “outside of the box” ideas;
- Create and implement engaging initiatives to recruit for your Chapter’s Outreach Trip;
- Save and upload all marketing initiatives to the shared Chapter Resources folder;
- Communicate and work effectively in a team to brainstorm new ideas of how your Chapter can successfully connect with target audience(s);
- Follow-up and evaluate your various campaign’s success by developing different measuring techniques and tools;
- Conduct surveys and in-person feedback;
- Reach out to VPs of Marketing at other Chapters for insight, resources, sharing, and network development;
- Schedule meetings for your department specifically;
- Attend weekly meetings with President(s) and exec team – provide department updates, contribute to brainstorming sessions, and provide team with feedback to all members.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Proven leadership experience;
- Highly creative;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to self motivate and complete projects on time;
- Experience with photo editing programs (ie. Adobe Photoshop) is an asset but not a requirement;
- A love for learning and a dedication to increase the access to education in Canada and Latin America.
Last modified: September 10, 2018