Students Offering Support (SOS) is a National Charity that develops and supports Chapters in universities across North America. The SOS model, Raising Marks, Raising Money, Raising Roofs, provides a service within which people place genuine value, and is unlike any other organization. Students Offering Support is a unique social enterprise that relies on the passionate student leaders to create positive impact both at home and abroad. Regardless of position, all Students Offering Support volunteers must thoroughly understand, communicate, and embody SOS’ 360 degree model of volunteering.
As the VP of Business Development, you will be responsible for club partnerships, local sponsorship initiatives, and Educational Development expansion when necessary. Your role is to develop relationships with potential partners to gain financial, expansion, and community support for your Chapter’s operations, initiatives, and projects. Where possible, you will be seeking in-kind or monetary donations from businesses, in addition to fostering relationships with on-campus groups (clubs & societies).
- Uphold all necessary requirements of National SOS sponsorships and partnerships;
- Ensure all requirements are met before growing the department in other ways;
- Communicate with Presidents/SOS HQ before approaching a potential sponsor;
- Obtain sponsorship from local community and student government to help reduce costs of Chapter initiatives and final Chapter revenue;
- Reach out to VPs of Business Development at other Chapters for insight, resources, sharing, and network development;
- Schedule weekly meetings with your department to decide which businesses will be contacted;
- Brainstorm new sponsorship and revenue ideas;
- Attend weekly meetings with President(s) and exec team – provide department updates, contribute to brainstorming sessions, and provide team with feedback to all members.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Proven leadership experience;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to self motivate and complete projects on time;
- A love for learning and a dedication to increase the access to education in Canada and Latin America.
Last modified: September 10, 2018